Ok ok ok ok....I know I haven't been great at goals in the past and I know that my resolutions two years ago didn't work, BUT this year it will be different!
A couple things have changed in our life recently to put things in more perspective for us and our future. Because of these new events, we have realized that we need to make some changes.
- LOSE 30 POUNDS - I know this is the biggest goal everybody always makes each year, BUT like I said, this year will be different for me. I have some future goals in mind, but I need to do this one first. I actually plan on losing 70 pounds, but right now I am just planning on 30 to make it through the next 6 months. My doctor and I have talked and we have decided that I need to be exercising 4-5 times a week for an hour each time. To reach that weekly goal, I will begin with walking then work up to running. My parents so graciously :) signed me up for the Ogden Half Marathon in May so that will be what I am working towards. I will totally blog about this gigantic goal.
- EAT BETTER - Along with losing weight, my doctor also discussed that fact that I need to change how I eat. My goal for 2013 is to change my serving size portions and to focus on less of the bad stuff and more of the good stuff. We are changing to all wheat bread and pasta, fruits and vegetables 5 times a day, meat sparingly, and hot breakfast instead of processed cereals. We are also eating less dairy (milk and cheese), more chicken, and one sweet treat a day. These changes will be huge to our lifestyle and I'm hoping we can do it especially on a low budget.
- STRESS LESS - I am the Queen of stressing, just ask Jeremy. I stress about everything. I constantly think about all of our problems and I wallow in despair. This attitude is bringing our relationship down and my morale down. This year I am going to try to stress less. I am going to put more faith and trust in the Lord and believe that everything is going to be ok. I have seen this in the last several months, but I need to remember it more.
- GO ON ONE CAMPING VACATION THIS SUMMER - While growing up, my family always went on a few family vacations a year. We traveled all over the west coast. I have very fond memories of these times. This summer, Jeremy and I would love to go on a camping vacation. It could be anywhere, but my top places would be Arches National Park, Zion National Park, The Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, or Mount Rushmore. Jeremy hasn't been to any of these places (except Yellowstone once as a kid), and we would love to go!
- ORGANIZE MY HOUSE - Oh my goodness! We have been living in our home for 2 years. For the entire 2 years, we have been under construction. We have finally reached a spot where we are almost done in our basement (we still have a few things to do all over, but we will do those as we can). As soon as its painted, mouldings are up, and the carpet is laid, we will begin to unpack the boxes in the back bedroom and attic that we haven't seen in almost 3 years. When we start to unpack, I want to organize everything and CLEAN everywhere. I want to be able to use my house! We will also organize the garage, barn, and shed. This summer we will be cleaning up the yard and out buildings. I AM SO EXCITED!
My five goals for 2013 are huge. I am so excited for this year. I know that good things are in store and I can't wait to work through my goals. I can't wait to feel better about life and myself.
Here we go 2013!!